The parole of a shy person: Sorry, I was staring at your eyes...

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Sorry, I was staring at your eyes...

I was at my favorite study location (Panera Bread) today and I have to say, I just saw the most unique color of green eyes I have ever seen. Ever. This girl walks into the restaurant with some guy and she is laughing and smiling. Nothing particularly special about her. I wouldn't have noticed her at all except that in a mostly empty eating area, they choose to sit at the table right next to me.

I could tell from her freckled face and nearly black hair that she was probably of Irish descent. Her hair was tied up in an unfashionable (right) side pony tail with the unrestrained hair combed over towards that pony tail. She wore a dark olive green tunic-like shirt that went down around her bottom, with denim jeans underneath that and open toed flip-flops. She was close to six feet tall and relatively slim. She had this melodic, low and husky voice as she laughed and conversed with her guy friend. It wasn't until I glanced up in her direction that I noticed those eyes.

Her eyes were a pale jade color. And they glistened in the reflected light of the sun off the table she sat at (the only moment the sun appeared, no less). I think she noticed that I was staring at her, however, since she had a guy with her, I chose to focus back on my class work. Yet, every few minutes, my eyes would stray and glance in her direction. To my chagrin, each time I glanced at her, she was looking back at me. So, I had many opportunities to gaze at her pale green eyes framed in her freckled face with these thin black eyebrows.

How do you explain to someone that you find the color of their eyes are captivating, yet have no desire of that person beyond peering at those unique colored eyes? I almost begin to see the appeal of gazing into someone's eyes, especially if the coloration of their eyes are like that.

2 Comments:

At December 01, 2005 12:13 AM, Blogger alannajoy said...

Well Grant you know what they say... "Eyes are the windows to the soul."
So maybe it means her soul happens to be a pure jade hue!
=)
alannajoy

 
At December 01, 2005 7:54 AM, Blogger Grant said...

hrmmm. That might explain why mine are muddy brown. Or is that a purely genetic thing for an asian guy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home