The parole of a shy person: Last Hurrah

Friday, March 16, 2007

Last Hurrah

I'm listening to the sound of the plows that finally have come to clear the snow, sleet and ice off my street. I wish they had gotten to it before I came back from work. Instead, I discovered how often and well my ABS worked on my car. Even then, I was careening around turns at even five miles per hour. It's pretty nasty out there, with the type of mix on the ground that ensures lots of accidents. I wanted to take a picture of the road conditions, but I didn't want to risk my camera in the sleeting rain.

I guess old man winter had to make his last hurrah before departing. According to the news, this is the seventh warmest winter on record since they started keeping records. I suppose this is one of those "once in a lifetime" phenomenons that we can recall at some future point. I remember when winter wasn't winter... Kind of like walking to school in four feet of snow, uphill in both directions when I was your age blah, blah, blah.

I think I'm going to make some tea and take an extended nap tonight. No work tonight on account of the weather. I'm kind of glad I don't have to do a load-in with weather like this. You can almost guarantee catching a cold in this mess.

2 Comments:

At March 18, 2007 9:07 PM, Blogger Marissa said...

what crazy weather we've been having. friday reminded me of 'the day after tomorrow'. i was a bit afraid the world was coming to an end!

 
At March 19, 2007 6:21 PM, Blogger ASM said...

The weather everywhere is a bit off. Here in Phoenix, it is already summer, and has been in the mid-90s for two weeks. We've broken records on several of these days...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home