The parole of a shy person: A self portrait

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A self portrait

As I promised, here is a picture from the set of pictures I took during the morning of New Year's eve.



This picture isn't all that amazing, but it is a self-portrait if you can believe that. Granted, I'm not easily seen in it. I kind of liked how it came out. I have no idea what kind of plant it was that I took a picture of. Unfortunately, none of the gardeners were around for me to ask what it is called. It looked like a head of lettuce, if you asked me.

Otherwise, I'm spending a lot of time working so that I won't have to worry about paying for the coming semester. I've decided to hold off on getting a new camera until late May. This is, of course, one of the choices I had to make for this coming year.

I also had to fix a leaking fuel line in my engine compartment because I was very worried that my car would catch on fire. I was entirely dismayed that I had to take my poor ailing car apart to replace the fuel line. I have to admit that despite my trepidation, I easily replaced the fuel line in about two hours. There was a moment when I thought I wouldn't be able to change it at all when I couldn't get this three inch piece of tubing off. It finally decided to be agreeable before I gave it all up for a lost cause.

Now, I can certainly say that there are no more leaks. I'm hoping this is the reason my fuel economy has stunk the past few months and not because I have a lead foot. Only time will tell, I suppose.

1 Comments:

At January 05, 2007 2:15 PM, Blogger JM said...

Happy New Year!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home