The parole of a shy person: This year in review...

Sunday, December 31, 2006

This year in review...

It's that time of year again, where we all look back at the year in general and take stock of what has happened. Perhaps make promises to improve or be better in the upcoming one. Many of which one never follows through on. Yet, that is the way of things, isn't it?

I looked at my last review, and it does seem that I did indeed keep my resolution.... to be stuck in repeat mode, only now I work fifty hours a week instead of ogling. This year, I suspect will be a year of choices. Do I continue to overwork myself to keep up with the bills? Do I stick with school or chase after that green paper that everyone claims will make them happier? Do I forsake women and any attempts at relationship this year? I, for one, plan not to repeat another year of the misery that I endured in the last third of the year.

Who knows, I may have to choose between the jobs I am working at so that I can focus more on my flagging studies. (Assuming I choose to stick with schooling, of course) I may also decide that women are indeed the progenitors of all distraction and go on a vow of celibacy. (Ok, maybe not.) I know that I am definitely working towards a new camera regardless of what happens.

In fact, I decided to take advantage of this early spring like weather and use my camera to brush up on some of its more esoteric capabilities that I don't get to use during parties. I took pictures of plant life, some hidden grottoes in a botantical garden, and some koi in a half frozen pool that I happened upon in that garden. I'll post something in the new year.

Well, I'm off to the annual get together where I again attempt to make espresso and drown it in some steamed milk. *grin* I did wish everyone a happy and exciting new year, so how did everyone else fare?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home