The parole of a shy person: A quiet walk into a new year

Saturday, December 31, 2005

A quiet walk into a new year

It seems every blog I've read so far has done a recap of this passing year. I figure I'd jump in on the bandwagon... this time.

Let's see now. Things I did this past year:
  1. Got laid off from a job I despised passionately
  2. Went back to school for an engineering degree
  3. Studied
  4. Looked at scantily clad women traipsing about in the mall
  5. Studied some more
  6. Watched women looking back at me (what an ego boost this is!)
  7. Studied a bit more
  8. Started this blog
  9. Lamented about the lack of female companionship in my life
  10. Decided that I wanted to be more active in finding aforementioned companioship
  11. More studying here
  12. Found some real winners (wait, that's sarcasm, isn't it?) and remained single
  13. Studied yet again
  14. I did not, however, meet that woman that would make me bereft of all thought
  15. See # 13
Yep, that sounded postively scintillating. Fortunately, I can't study any more than I am currently doing, so that's a plus. And for next year: Stir, rinse, repeat. Oh how I love that spin cycle. It's truly dizzying. Ok, I'll stop now.

I'm off to a quiet gathering at an my uncle's place to celebrate another year gone by with some cappuccino made by yours truly (I learned everything I know from drinking StarMegaBucks beverages). And I get closer each year to making it right. I wonder what it would be like working there. What a scary thought.

Well, regardless of that, I have one last thing to say this year before I leave: Have a happy and exciting new year!

5 Comments:

At December 31, 2005 5:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I am NOT going to recap my year (I think my blog does that enough on its own...) but nice to see yours. Happy New Year (let's hope this one is wonderful - for both of us)!

 
At January 02, 2006 12:11 PM, Blogger alannajoy said...

Nice recap Grant, sounds like you need to be a bit more studious this coming year tho...

Happy New Year and good wishes to you!
alannajoy

 
At January 02, 2006 2:18 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I think you need to contemplate dating less in 2006 and actually go out there and do some.

I know thats like sitting you down in front of a red button that says "Do Not Push", but I think if you over-analyse less you'll be happier.

Happy new year!

Bx

 
At January 02, 2006 8:06 PM, Blogger Marissa said...

Love your list - minus the studying, it sounds pretty similar to mine (well if you add "man" in for "woman" that is). :)

Happy New Year. I look forward to reading you in 2006!

 
At January 05, 2006 12:24 AM, Blogger Grant said...

Nik: I thought it would be interesting to sum up my year. I was wrong. LOL

Alanna: NO! Don't say that! I was afraid I'd get cross eyed from studying so much. Oh wait, sarcasm. I get it. Thanks for the new year's wishes!

Beth: You know how well red attracts attention. They don't call it the "red" dress for no reason. In fact, I like pushing large red buttons. I'm really curious.

Marissa: Hey, nothing wrong with women as far as I'm concerned, but whatever makes you happy. ;) I always appreciate having more people to hear from, so Welcome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home