The parole of a shy person: It's beginning to feel like Christmas

Friday, December 23, 2005

It's beginning to feel like Christmas

Aaaaaahhh. I'm stuffed to the gills after having dinner with my parents. My other siblings have gone on their merry ways elsewhere. I spent the entire day listening to nothing but Christmas music, doing the last of the Christmas shopping and wrapping them all up. Now this is what it ought to feel like when I say I am feeling Christmas. Feeling sated, relaxed and content. Looking forward to Christmas morning when I see my family open their presents.

As an aside, I should let everyone else know that the wrapping theme involved large boxes filled with shipping peanuts and gift cards. I made one large box that is half filled with these peanuts, and when you shake it, it makes a noise, well, like a half filled box full of peanuts. Taped to the wall of the box is the gift card. Another gift has three smaller boxes inside a bigger box, all three filled with peanuts and wrapped the same way. Only one of them contains a gift card.

Yeah, I know I'm being evil. If only everyone could see the gleeful grin I have on my face as I imagine their expressions. The surprise would be that what appears to be nothing really is something when you look more carefully. I wanted to make this wooden box with nothing inside it until you looked carefully at the bottom and realize it has a false bottom. Unfortunately, lack of time and lack of a complete carpentry shop prevented me from carrying out that idea.

The best part so far was the early Christmas present I gave to the youngest member of our family, the pet dog. It was a new bed made of lambskin wool. That hairy and loyal member of our family took to it within minutes and was happily wagging his tail like a broom sweeping the floor. That moment just about brightened up my entire day.

Here's to wishing everyone out there a happy and safe Christmas or whichever holiday you observe. Happy Holidays!

1 Comments:

At December 24, 2005 1:49 PM, Blogger alannajoy said...

Thx Grant, Merry Christmas to you too! Sounds like you are quite the trickster with the gifts! So much fun that way!

Thx for ur response to my Reflections. You were straight on the mark with your questions and thoughts. You've also made me think a lot about one thing inparticular... What have I learned in that NY Minute... This will be a new post for me take on.
But you are right in your thoughts that I am considering leaving the city... At least for a short time... To change my pace for a bit. Somehow, today you saw me..
Happy holidays
ajoy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home