The parole of a shy person: I'm dreaming of a white...

Sunday, December 04, 2005

I'm dreaming of a white...

For those of you who don't live in the New York Metro area (and for those who care at all about this area), we had our first snow today. All of two inches. It was very nice to wake up to a white wonderland, seeing the flakes slowly settle to the ground and also seeing the branches with tufts of white. I woke up excited that it snowed too.

I haven't been this excited about snow since I was in school. Wait, I'm still in school. I meant to say that I haven't been this excited since I was a child and in school. More importantly, I didn't wake up and think: "Oh no! Now, I have to shovel the snow out of the driveway and off my car before I drive to work on the treacherous roads."

Maybe I'm just not made for work. *grin* Ok, maybe I'm not the only one. As much as I love the colder weather, I heartily despise the drivers who all become incapable of driving in this weather. I wonder if I can find a job that lets me telecommute on bad weather days when I graduate.

I am a tiny bit disappointed, since I just had my bicycle repaired and I was hoping for another warm break in the weather to test it. Ah well, spring will be here soon enough I suppose. Meanwhile, I wonder if I should fit the rims with mountain bike tires and see how well it handles in the snow. Nah, the aforementioned drivers may find me too tempting of a target.

Time to get prepped for watching football.

2 Comments:

At December 05, 2005 8:19 AM, Blogger JM said...

We had our first snow, not that much on the ground during Thanksgiving. I'm still waiting for the ground to get covered again.

 
At December 06, 2005 11:48 PM, Blogger alannajoy said...

YAY to that snowfall!! I was at a holiday party and we all ran up on the roof of our building to frollic and take pics of the big white fluffy stuff!
Living in the city really has its advantages in the winter... Don't have to worry about getting out to ur car and heated the life back into it for 20mins before heading out on those treatureous roads... I miss driving, but not in weather like that! DANGER!
alannajoy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home