The parole of a shy person: Feeeeeeelings.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Feeeeeeelings.

Bah, humbug, I say. Yeah, my holiday spirit is feeling low. Just how I am feeling right now.

Feeling the pinch of the holidays. Feeling the pressure of finals week looming before me. Finding it hard to see any holiday cheer, especially without two pennies to rub together. It's not just because I am flat broke either. Getting everyone gift cards this year and that is not at all like me. Feeling down, though not because I feel lonely (I do feel lonely, but that isn't the main reason). It's the end of the year and it simply doesn't feel like Christmas.

It's hard to find excitement when the sentiments of Christmas are givng gifts cards as presents. There's no creativity in that. What happened to the excitement, the mystery and the anticipation? Where are the carefully considered gifts that makes everyone appreciate your thoughtfulness? Maybe Christmas has been over-commercialized. The holiday spirit is spread so thinly that no one makes the attempt to feel any of it at this time of the year. How can you feel it when the darn holiday starts two weeks before December?

I am not feeling Christmas this year. Perhaps it's because I am spending the week leading to Christmas studying my butt off and looking forward to a break in the studying. Add that to how few people are expressing the holiday spirit around here along with not seeing anyone at the same time and that is what is making me feel so down.

2 Comments:

At December 19, 2005 11:45 AM, Blogger JM said...

Happy Holidays buddy!

 
At December 19, 2005 8:39 PM, Blogger Grant said...

Thanks Angel, Happy holidays to you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home