The parole of a shy person: A (not so) wonderful start to a new year...

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A (not so) wonderful start to a new year...

Classes have started for me again and all I can say is that two days into a new semester, and already, I am looking at 2200 pages that have to be read and 80 labs I need to complete by May. *sigh* Two more classes to attend and I will know the full extent of my foolishness. I have a distinct feeling that I may have to slow down on the number of posts I will be placing for everyone's perusal.

And on another entirely coincidental topic, an update on the latest love interest that has fallen through and is now part of the past. Earlier today, I bumped in to her, and I decided to get an update on her emotional situation. She was rather reticent about how things were going and I persisted until I found out. Well, she blurted out that she had gotten back with her ex. And that this happened in mid December.

Further, part of their agreement in getting back together was that she wouldn't hang around me anymore. After a few moments, she turned around and walked away. I thought I did a good job of hiding my dismay and surprise, either that or she was just in a rush to get away from me. I guess that I was the reason they broke up in the first place.

I am ever so pleased with how this year has gotten off the ground.

4 Comments:

At January 25, 2006 10:29 AM, Blogger JM said...

If I were you, I would focus on my studies. 2200 pages sounds like a lot. And don't most of those labs have reports that have to be written too?

 
At January 25, 2006 10:29 AM, Blogger JM said...

But take a little time out to blog--I meant focus on your classes as a way of not thinking about the girl.

 
At January 25, 2006 9:46 PM, Blogger Marissa said...

Oh man - I'm sorry. That sucks. I want you to know, I've been there. A lot. It never seems to work out for me in the love arena, so...just know I feel you completely. Well, you got the bad out of the way early on in the year...look at it this way, things can only get better! :)

 
At January 26, 2006 3:08 PM, Blogger Grant said...

Angel: Yes, they have written reports. As of this point, 95 labs and counting.

Girl? What girl? Oh her. *lol* I'm not too upset, since I didn't really get close enough to her to form an attachment. On to the next one...

Marissa: Thanks for sharing, I certainly hope that the year gets better and gets better soon! And I hope you have better luck too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home