The parole of a shy person: You're invited to a farewell party...

Friday, January 20, 2006

You're invited to a farewell party...

Yesterday, I received an invitation to a farewell party. I found it this morning. I have been invited to their farewell party. They will be moving outside this country for a few years and living on their own in another country. They will continue to stay in contact by email.

I have conflicting feelings about this. I am saddened to see them go and I am glad to see them go. In a way, I am losing a pair of friends. Yet, I am also removing a serious bit of temptation and complication from my life. I'm not sure if I am envious or concerned about their decision to just leave everything behind and attempt to prosper in another part of the world. And I am wondering why that can't be me going.

I am posting this now, before I can sort through my feelings and see what will prevail. I may need the rest of the time until I go to that party next weekend to decide. Considering what I plan to do today added to receiving this invitation, I can only say: What a stormy way to begin a weekend.

Hey, who wished my life to be this interesting anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home