The parole of a shy person: Today is a new day. (Again)

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Today is a new day. (Again)

Ah yes, for me, today is a day to remember. Today is the day I stopped going to work before the sun rose and went home after the sun set. Today, I didn't have anyone complain to me about their negligence. Today, I didn't have to listen to any more weaseling about why they can't afford to pay for some item. Today, I won't have to wonder if Shipping will ship the wrong part to a customer who urgently needed it yesterday. Today, I won't have to find out how many different ways I can split my attention while still remaining sane.

Today, I celeberate my release from the corporate world. Today, I became a free man again. Free to do what I wanted to do with my life. Free to wake up in my own bed every day and not have to wonder if tonight I will be packing my bags haphazardly to fly or drive to some backwater town in a part of the country I would never intentionally visit. Free to have a real breakfast and read the paper when I rise from my slumber. Maybe even do the crossword puzzle.

On this day, I regained control of my life. Because, today is the first anniversary on which I was laid off by my rotten, despicable company. Time to pop the corks on the champagne and celebrate. Oh darnit. I don't have any left after the new years celebration. I guess I'll just have to improvise.

3 Comments:

At January 04, 2006 11:54 AM, Blogger JM said...

Enjoy your time off.

 
At January 04, 2006 10:05 PM, Blogger Marissa said...

Yay! Here's to freedom!

 
At January 05, 2006 12:19 AM, Blogger Grant said...

Angel: Thanks, I must admit (hopefully without rubbing it in too much), I have enjoyed my extended vacation.

Cyber: Darn it, I didn't know there was an expiration date on my pj's. Time to do more laundry. And btw, 7pm is waaaay too early to rise from my slumber.

Marissa: I'll toast to that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home