The parole of a shy person: My sore, aching back.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

My sore, aching back.

It snowed like six inches here after raining four inches of rain, which was frozen underneath the snow. I had to shovel out my driveway as well as the elderly couple who lives next to me and did it mostly alone. Wet, mostly frozen snow is really, really heavy. When I had just about finished shoveling everything, the rest of my family came out to help. And of course, just as we finish, the #*@%ing plow truck plows all that snow back in front of both driveways. I need a new back.

I'm typing this with a heat pack on my back and even sneezing hurts way too much right now. Heck, leaning over the table to type hurts. Since misery loves company, how many other people were fortunate enough to have to shovel today? I envy all of those people who have 60 degree (or higher) temps right now. I need to stop now before I hurt something else.

2 Comments:

At January 17, 2006 2:54 PM, Blogger JM said...

Did your weather do a 360? Travelling to Baltimore this weekend, when I left West Virginia, we had temps in the upper fifties. When I woke up Sat morning in Baltimore it was like 30 degrees. I can't stand when Mother Nature does that.

 
At January 18, 2006 6:23 PM, Blogger Grant said...

Yeah, there was this huge weather front that just came sout from Canada and hit us over the weekend. It kind of ruiined my weekend plans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home