The parole of a shy person: Bring out the gimp...

Friday, January 13, 2006

Bring out the gimp...

Yeah, I managed to injure myself somehow. I've been limping all over the place today. Last night, I went to participate in a shooting match with some friends and this morning I woke up to a painful charlie horse in my right calf that stretches all the way up to my hamstring. Fifteen minutes of stretching allowed me to be capable of walking with a limp this morning.

This isn't the first time I've had my calf cramp up like this, which I earned rounding first after a great hit playing softball. I barely limped to second base of what should have been a stand up triple. I'm not (too) bitter about it. It comes back every once in a while and I just have to limp around until it stops hurting. I just can't figure what I can do besides stretching to resolve this debilitating injury.

I'm beginning to suspect that stretching isn't going to fix this. Stoicism isn't going to dull the pain, and once you start limping as you walk around, there's no point to being stoic. After reading some articles about some major sports figures getting full body sports massages to relieve pain, I am curious about whether they help or not. I've also been told that this type of massage isn't something that is considered relaxing. Well, at least not until it's over.

I am also wondering what other options I might have but don't know where to look at this time. Time to start searching on google.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home