The parole of a shy person: Moments of lucidity

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Moments of lucidity

For me, the evening is nearing its end. I dropped off the last of my fellow companions for the night's festivities in New York City and I have been sober all night (for the record). I wanted to put into writing the oddity of driving home at 4 am in the morning and the surreal feeling I felt as I drove through moving banks of fog.

Due to the unusual weather we are having, it snowed over the weekend and now the temperatures are in the 40s at this time. The snow, which has been piled up on the sides of the road, is forming fog like vapors that the variable wind is pushing across the roads. The striations of clarity and fogginess caused me to feel like I was dreaming as I sped through these thin, opaque veils of white mist.

Maybe I am merely tired after a stressful day and an interesting afternoon followed by a funny evening. The lack of sleep causing me to imagine things that in a more rested and lucid state, I would ignore. Well, I am off to sleep and I will recount the last twenty four hours of events when I arise from my slumber.

1 Comments:

At January 18, 2006 10:25 AM, Blogger JM said...

Have a great nap!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home