The parole of a shy person: New year, same old $#!%

Friday, January 09, 2009

New year, same old $#!%

I've been invited by a friend to go shoot some people. Before I get tagged as the next mass murderer, allow me to clarify. I've been invited to go play paintball. It's been five years since I started to seriously enjoy paintball, but in the past few years, the expense has kept me from enjoying it as often as I would like. I just counted the last time I actually played and it was in 2007! I shouldn't be surprised, since the past year has been so difficult financially for me.

I'm so excited. I feel like a kid in a candy store again. The best part is that I only have to buy the paint. Everything else will be taken care of. I figure $50 bucks worth of paint isn't too much to spend for a day's worth of fun and make up for an entire year of lost opportunity. Ok, maybe I'm rationalizing a little bit.

Hey, this year is supposed to be a new one. Good things are going to happen. Eventually. Ok, I should point out that the laptop stopped connecting to the internet because of a broken NIC and the desktop hard drive just made its final death throe yesterday. About par for the course. I had to dig out my old computer so that I could even access the internet. A sub-gigahertz cpu and 13GB hard drive here folks.

However, I intend to focus on the positive. I get to shoot someone. And when I'm done, they'll get back up and let me shoot them some more! I think I am going to need this stress relief for me to last another 360 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home