The parole of a shy person: New advocate for uniforms in school?

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New advocate for uniforms in school?

Ok. I felt a little prudish writing about the latest fashion in the malls in my last post. Recently, I have been working in a few high schools, our last bastion of free, mandatory, formal education as an assistant to a photographer. (Which means I lug in all the equipment, set it all up and take all the pictures while he tells me what to do.) My thoughts will have to be brief, largely to maintain my anonymity.

All I can say is that it's far worse in the schools then at the malls, possibly because of the higher concentration of young adults. I am amazed that these young women don't spend all of their time with their hands covering their crotches for the amount of clothing they wear. I've never been an advocate of uniforms in school, but I'm starting to come around to it.

I lost count of how many times I had to pretend I didn't see anything while taking their picture. I'm scandalized. That's all there is to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home