The parole of a shy person: Fate makes the choice for me

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fate makes the choice for me

So, when last I posted, I had mentioned that I had three different job offers. One as a photographer, two as an engineer. I had been of two minds with the sudden quandary in choosing between the three.

I suppose this will be an update on that. One of the engineering offers never returned my call, so that went right out the window. The second engineering offer was provisional on immediate hire, so when I asked for another week to decide, it evaporated as soon as I asked. So much for the quandary.

With that, I am now in training to be a photographer. The pay isn't great, but it isn't terrible either. I haven't really learned anything new when you get right down to it. Most of things they covered I knew before walking in. What I learned in the training was more about how to set up the equipment the way they wanted it and what they considered ideal poses for their "style" of photography.

The hardest part for me was making that human connection with a complete stranger. A rapport which wouldn't last for more than a few hours at best. A major challenge when you're shy. And of greater concern is whether I can mask the shyness and nervousness from my photographic subjects.

Well, that is neither here nor there. My schedule begins next week, whether I am ready or not. By the end of the week, I will find out if I am successful or not.

1 Comments:

At September 18, 2010 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are infatuated with young girls aren't you? You mention them in every other post. Also, what kind of engineer cant find a job? Just curious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home