The parole of a shy person: Some summer sun in April

Friday, April 25, 2008

Some summer sun in April

So, these past two days have been an early precursor to the upcoming summer. I couldn't miss the opportunity to soak up some sun. You couldn't ask for better weather. Sunny, cloudless, highs in the upper seventies to low eighties.

It's always the little things that get you. I had forgotten to take some sunscreen lotion with me. I only spent two hours at the beach. However, the last hour was on my stomach immersed in a new book I had gotten my hands on. It's not to say the book was that great, but that my brain needed something besides photoshop and f-stops. So, I paid the price for my oversight.

My back is already aflame with a recognizable heat that says that I overdid it. And yes, my back is the same color as a scalded lobster. Well, when I finally heal, I'll have the makings of a good suntan. An opportunity that may not appear again until May.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home