The parole of a shy person: That's a good blackmail picture

Friday, January 18, 2008

That's a good blackmail picture

I'm finally (mostly) recovered from the flu. It feels wonderful to be able to function again and step outside without carrying a full box of tissues. Being cooped up in my room for so long was giving me a severe case of cabin fever. I'm also kind of glad that the weather turned out so nicely, considering the dusting of snow we had last night.

This past weekend, I actually had to drag myself out of bed and go to work. Unfortunately, no matter how sick I was, bills still needed paying and that only happens if I have a continuous source of income. So, I found myself in Connecticut (again!), taking pictures of another young woman and her friends as she celebrated her coming of age.

During the down times, it was all I could do to lean against the wall hoping that the room would stop spinning long enough for me to concentrate on taking pictures. It was at this point that the guest of honor's older sister and her small group of friends asked for a picture. As I struggled to concentrate, she added a twist to the request. Instead of wanting me to take the picture, she wanted me in it.

This was a first for me. A guest at a party wanting me to be in their picture instead of taking it? How odd. Stranger still, there were several professional male dancers/entertainers whom her parents had hired to look good and keep the guests occupied. I'd have a hard time proving that I'm bad to look at, but I'm not even in the same class as these guys. I mean, if I suck in my gut, I might look as skinny as they were. Whom, I might add, should have kept older sister and her friends attention.

I couldn't say "No" when I am paid to be there. Well, anyway, I am in a picture on someone else's camera. Surrounded by four lovely looking, teenage girls. Who are all likely to be about half my age. I can almost hear the click of the handcuffs already. Talk about a blackmail picture!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home