The parole of a shy person: I don't feel like working.

Friday, November 16, 2007

I don't feel like working.

I haven't posted much lately. I could say that I've been busy, but I am starting to see that I'll probably be that way for much of my life. This realization has engendered a great desire to procrastinate.

Which is, of course, why I am not feeling motivated to be productive right now. Well, there's also another reason. I injured myself during a load-in a couple of weeks ago. I tore my rotator cuff slightly.

That isn't very clear. For the medical types, I didn't tear the tendons or ligaments, so much as the supraspinatus muscle. For the non-medical types, I have a muscle tear that hurts right on the outside part of the shoulder. Regardless, it hurts to move the arm and in some motions, I see stars.

So, I haven't been working much, and I've been laying about feeling sorry for myself. I've been prescribed some pain relievers and anti-inflammatory medication. That and muscle exercises to strengthen the muscles around the one that tore.

I have to say that the exercises are kicking my butt and that's without the weights I am supposed to do them with. With all this free time, I've actually been watching TV. I have a new show that I love to ridicul... I mean watch. The Shot on VH1.

Most photographers I know don't like getting surprises for every photoshoot. But, I guess being ready and having a well thought out plan would be too boring for a reality show. I almost fell out of my chair when the professional photographer said that one of the contestants didn't have to worry about lighting. Hey, if I had the thousands he has invested in lighting, perhaps I too wouldn't be worrying about lighting either. Ah well, must shove my envy back into its little box before it turns into jealousy.

So, I don't feel like doing anything largely because I can't do anything. I have been taking lots of random pictures, though. A tripod helps there. Perhaps if I can motivate myself, I'll post a few here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home