The parole of a shy person: Master of Puppets

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Master of Puppets

I had this rather startling thought while working on a digital slideshow for one of my clients. I had put together a sequence of photos that I had taken of a bride and groom during their wedding cake cutting ceremony. And to me, it looked like nothing more than an stop motion animation sequence you do with clay models.

Yeah, one pretty serious and heretical thought there. Worse yet, the consequential thought was that I was the master animator, contorting the clay models this way and that. And I would insist upon these contortions until the sequence of snapshots began to tell a story. Fortunately, this story is a happy one.

Yet, I couldn’t seem to ignore these thoughts that had popped into my mind. Kind of like being told to not think of a blue cow. (I challenge you now to not think of a cow that’s shaded blue all over.) And, I know, that when I next work on an assignment, I will be thinking of my blue cow. I wonder if it will make my client think I am weird or simply crazy.

It will be my on silent joke that no one who hasn’t read this post will understand. I am the master of puppets who pulls your strings! And you can’t stop thinking of that blue cow. *grin*

Amusing to note: From Pavarotti to Metallica in subsequent posts.

2 Comments:

At September 11, 2007 3:29 PM, Blogger JM said...

It must be the director coming out!!
I know that when I take photographs of my nephews and nieces, I always want it a certain way, and I hope that they tell a story. I never like taking posed shots. They are too stiff and too directed.

 
At September 11, 2007 3:39 PM, Blogger alannajoy said...

Oh dear Grant- I say you're crazy!!

Hahahaha... Very funny- but shows that you have a sense of humor and one wild imagination!

Damn you- that blue cow is following me everywhere today ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home