The parole of a shy person: Imagine a life without ups and downs.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Imagine a life without ups and downs.

Ah, what would life be if all things were happy and cheery, with not one iota of distress or strife in it? I can only wish that I were in a position to tell you. Today, that bright future I was looking forward to has suffered yet another setback.

I was let go by the company I just started working for. I'm certainly disappointed, but when they called me into the meeting, I knew that it was going to happen. The vice president of my division was quietly sitting there, and the only other witness was the HR person. One glance at the vice president, and I knew. I could even tell by his clearly agitated state that it was happening even before he started saying one word.

Ah well. I wasn't entirely enthused about the material I was working on from the start anyway. To be brutally honest, I wished they had let me go a week ago, so that I wouldn't have paid my tuition for this semester. Since I did pay it, I'm broke, and I don't have any contingency plans to pay the bills at the end of the month.

It's a moment like this, where I wish I had someone to lean on, that I notice the absence of someone significant in my life. Well, on Monday classes start, and I must start looking for a new job. Again.

1 Comments:

At August 27, 2007 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for this and won't try to sweeten it by saying that it could be a great opportunity. I'll say that when you have another job in hand and can truly believe it.

Good luck!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home