The parole of a shy person: A ruined holiday

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

A ruined holiday

*SIGH* I'm home on this rain marred holiday, my great expectations dashed. Thank you very much Mother Nature. What a waste of a rare day off.

Instead of barbequed wings, burgers and (hot) dogs for dinner, we'll be having baked wings, grilled burgers and the dogs will be steamed. The drinks will have to be served indoors instead of the temporary bar (a plank of wood on some sawhorses; I was real proud of how it came out too). There will be no dinner on the patio guarded by citronella candles. No fireworks by starlight.

I won't even mention (too much about) my plans to photograph a sunset on the ocean, or shoot some fireworks (pictures of those fireworks, that is). No, instead the booming sounds that make my dog cower under my bed will be thunder claps. The flashes of light in the sky will be lightning.

I'm totally disgusted with how poorly the way this evening has gone on all of us. And just in case Mother Nature happens to be connected to the internet, I want to say thanks a lot for ruining it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home