The parole of a shy person: A Jumble of Random Thoughts

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Jumble of Random Thoughts

Just a handful of updates today. It seems that when things are going well, one simply is too busy to find time to write in their blogs. I've noticed amongst other bloggers as well, whom as life takes them to new and better places, simply fall off with their writing. As I well know, since I am guilty of the same. This doesn't mean that I am saying sayonara, merely an excuse for my own delinquency in posting more regularly.

I will take this moment to address an aside on a matter that seems to crop up constantly for some visitors to my humble blog.

Jamie and Brooke's (aka Belle) weblog on their lifestyle and simple recipes is an excellent example of success drawing them away from the blogging community in which they had resided. The non-working link I have to their blog seems to attract people who are looking for an update on them. While I am not a personal friend of these two, I point out for those who continue to search for them this news: Their blog has been deleted for whatever reason, though they seem to be doing well. At the last blog post they put up, Jamie is working at Daniel's in New York City, and Belle has a new site, www.brookeparkhurst.com The blog was deleted sometime near the beginning of the year. Which will end my aside about them.

It has been three weeks at the new job, where I am officially contributing as an engineer. Sadly, it has consisted mostly of creating reports. I can only smile with the chagrin I feel over the reality that I will be generating hundreds of pages of such reports every month. It's like the worst laboratory report I ever had to do at the university I attended multiplied by ten every day. On the bright side, at least I get paid to do it now.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying the company of my fellow engineers, who have a great sense of humor that keeps the tediousness to a minimum. Though I am still waiting for the World Rubberband War to start in our office. It's been a bit tense lately with everyone stocking up on arms of all rubberband shooting kind. As the new guy, I am trying very hard to be Switzerland, but those hopes are fading quickly. Besides, I want one of those gatling gun shooters. Three hundred rubberbands a minute is quite the deterrent. (We won't mention the hour it takes to load such rubber flinging fun...)

This past weekend was quite enjoyable, as I spent every night of the weekend attempting to do my very best to singe the hair off my arms-- I mean barbecuing. Summer's not quite right to me without that tradition of singed hair and flame blackened, grilled food for dinner. I look forward to many more weekends of such this summer.

The reason for this ability to barbecue every weekend is that I have taken a hiatus from my weekend job until mid August. No event photography, no evenings standing off on the side watching others having fun, and best of all, no more getting home at four in the morning with sore arms and exhausted body for the next month or so. Besides, it was starting to be less fun of late. I hope the hiatus will renew my sense of enjoyment in these endeavours.

Prospects for relationship remain dismal, though that is largely my lack of desire in chasing any members of the opposite sex right now. I am enjoying the sudden return of "free" time this summer, and I am resistant to giving up any of it for a woman. Of course, that's when I will probably start attracting them.

I intend to catch up on nine months of not playing paintball. I want to feel the wind in my hair while riding my bicycle aimlessly through neighborhoods I have never been to before. I want to go hiking and perhaps catch an interesting photograph of flora or fauna, all the while not seeing another human being for hours at a stretch. I want to sit in the quiet fantasy of a novel based on some fictitious world that doesn't exist in the here and now. And I don't need a woman to do any of these things.

So, in a jumbled heap of random news, I share what thoughts that are going through my mind. With them, I can see the sense of humor returning back into my life. I am no longer stressed out about where I will get the money to pay for things and that fact is a enormous burden off my back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home