The parole of a shy person: The air conditioner broke.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

The air conditioner broke.

The air conditioner broke today. I'm going to paint an image for you. The squeamish ones should go away right about now. It's not going to be pretty.

It was very humid out today. About eighty percent according to the local weather forcast. It's been threatening to rain (again) and while the day had some sunny portions, the words hot and muggy come to mind quickly. Even though the temperature outside is only seventy two degrees, I came home to the busted air conditioner and an indoor temperature of ninety degrees.

My poor dog was laying on his side panting from the heat. I immediately got him some water and moved him outside, where it was twenty degrees cooler. While he is outside recovering, I went back in to turned on every fan and open every window. I was drenched in a matter of minutes.

My clothes had those unsightly sweat stains that made it seem like I had gone swimming in them. I peeled off those drenched clothes and I was still perspiring as if I had run a marathon. Sweat oozing out of every pore as I tried to move as little as possible.

When I went into the kitchen, I poured myself a tall glass of water, and the sweat faucet redoubled itself. I was dripping with perspiration. Seeing how things were going, I went and took a cold shower. As soon as the shower ended, the sweat returned as I toweled myself off.

So, there you have it. If, for some insane reason, you have read all the way to the end of this post, you now have an image in your mind. And that image is of a slightly overweight asian man with a sweaty body and no clothes on. Ewww. What were you thinking?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home