The parole of a shy person: Practice swings

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Practice swings

With the two facts that I am now working during the week full time and that I am not working at all on the weekends, I have devoted some of that free time to sharpening my photographic skillset in areas I don't often get to work in during weddings, sweet sixteens and mitzvahs. I've taken up sport photography.

In other words, I joined some friends who were practicing their skills on the softball field for their upcoming tournament championships. Since yesterday was a scorching ninety three degrees, I admit that my friends might have been a bit crazy. And I might have been a little bit off in the head as well, to stand out there in the sun taking pictures of them.

Anyway, here is one of the shots I took yesterday.


I was quite happy with the fact that I caught the ball still on the bat. I've got quite a few shots where many of the guys swung and only caught the follow through because I mistimed the arrival of the softball. Towards the end of their batting practice, I was quite proficient at catching the action mid-swing.

I've also got a nice sunburn to boot. Eventually, it'll be a suntan, until then, I am a bit uncomfortable. Oh the suffering we bear for our, *cough cough*, art. Next time, I'll bring suntan lotion. See? There was a silver lining....

2 Comments:

At August 05, 2007 9:36 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

That's an excellent picture!

 
At August 09, 2007 10:55 AM, Blogger K said...

Really great. You're multi-talented!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home