The parole of a shy person: Foggy Bridge

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Foggy Bridge

This will have to be quick, as I am already late to getting on the road for the assignment I am supposed to do today. Instead of sharing my current thoughts, I'll share a captured thought from the past. And since we are now (on the calendar and not temperature wise) in fall, I offer this one. So, here goes:

I was looking through a number of old photos I had taken when I was younger. When I hadn't been attacked by doubt about my financial future, when good times were still something I looked forward to without worrying about how it would be paid for. I had stayed over at a friend's "country estate" in New Jersey. Actually, it was a farm that had been allowed to become fallow, making it into a natural sanctuary from the crazy pace of nearby NYC.

I woke up one morning and went for a morning hike. Only to discover this idyllic sight before my eyes part way through the hike.
I remember that I couldn't believe my eyes. Fortunately, I had my camera handy to capture what my eyes could not believe to remind me of that little bit of natural beauty. The cold, wintry day had caused the warmer water to fog up. So, there were the frozen fronds being lit by the rising sun and the fog lending a bit of mystery to the bridge I was about to cross.

Speaking of bridges crossed, this picture was taken just before I was laid off. Amazing, and sometimes wearying (or is that worrying) things have happened ever since that happened. Now that I no longer have this more recent job to hold me back from doing what I enjoy, I think I will go more deeply into the photography thing and see where it takes me.

1 Comments:

At September 27, 2007 1:22 PM, Blogger alannajoy said...

Gorgeous pic Grant! Can't wait for the cool weather to sneak in-- bring it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home