The parole of a shy person: Reality matching Imagination

Monday, September 17, 2007

Reality matching Imagination

Last week was a very busy week for me. I ended up doing two photo shoots, attended a conference for photographers in NYC, met some interesting (and famous) people there, and worked on another mitzvah. I feel safe in mentioning the conference, as I was one amongst 600 people there. (If that helps narrow down who I am for some of you.)

Even more promising is the fact that I have the entire upcoming weekend lined up with items to do and I am starting to feel like a photographer. I'll be trying my hand at a martial arts competition and perhaps shooting several models for a fashion designer. If I could only express in words how excited I am.

Last night, I could hardly sleep with the thoughts going through my mind of how I'd pose these models, what interesting things the fashion designer will be presenting and the understanding that I will be doing something that entirely has me grinning like a lunatic.

Before this, my employment as a photographer has only been to capture other people's celebrations. Now, I have an opportunity to participate in a more exciting and fast paced world. I only hope that all this excitement doesn't get burst by a reality that doesn't fit my imagination. I want to be like that young kid that walks away in wonder saying that this is exactly the way I imagined it.

Amazing how catastrophe has turned into opportunity, isn't it?

2 Comments:

At September 17, 2007 2:33 PM, Blogger JM said...

One of my favorite sayings is "If God takes you to it, He'll take you through it".I have always believed that if you hang on long enough, something good will happen. So out of the catastrophe, something good happens--like you get to work with models!

 
At September 19, 2007 8:07 PM, Blogger Marissa said...

This is sooo exciting! A huge step forward and I can only imagine how excited you must be. I'll be anxious to hear how it goes, how you do choose to pose them, how they work with you and you them. You will both come to the shoot with your own personalities and ideas and they will mesh into something beautiful i'm sure!

Thank you so much for your incredible comments on my blog. It has been so cathartic to write my story--I am so glad I have done it. So healing. And I feel physically better too. Woohoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home