The parole of a shy person: Cold, Hard Facts

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Cold, Hard Facts

Well, there it is. It being the real hard facts of what women want. What they say is merely a defense against unwanted attention.

When all the cards are laid out, women want two things: Commitment and Security. All else is secondary. Now seeing a woman put up with a jerk makes so much more sense. I won't go out and call women the G--------- word. (It only happens to be a Kanye West and Jamie Foxx song title)

Yet, with this additional proof, it is hard not to have it sitting in the back of one's mind. It isn't how charming and witty one is, but how big a bank roll one has. I suppose it was inevitable.

Ah, another piece of my idealism has been stripped away. There is this aphorism that cynicism is the last defense of an idealist. I am beginning to wonder who exactly will be able to get past all these barriers that have evolved in my life to get close enough for me even think of dating.

Although, I might not be thinking of dating, I am certainly thinking of something. Yesterday, I attended a cousin's weding. I knew in advance that I would be among the handful of single young men there. I had already anticipated that no matter how single a woman attending a wedding is, she has, at the very least, a male companion, or is too young to be considered. So, I was a bit surprised by the number of females who I caught checking me out.

Ok, that's not exactly the full story. I am currently sporting a military-like haircut. If I were really in the military, I would be out of regulation and cited for its length. I have this intense look in my eyes that might give off the semblence of confidence that a soldier would exude, a soldier I have never been. Also, we were requested to dress romantically. I wore a tuxedo to the wedding. And probably out of character for me, I deliberately painted a smile on my face for no other reason than to confound the women. And did I mention that I drove up to the catering hall in this car?

Ok, ok, I was calling attention to myself. Albeit in a subtle way. I was still surprised that they looked though. And these women weren't so unattractive either. And here I thought I was done playing games when it came to women. I only offered the illusion of those two things they want. Seeing that I am unemployed, and not very trusting in women right now to offer anything like commitment. And those are cold, hard facts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home