The parole of a shy person: It is finished.

Friday, December 21, 2007

It is finished.

Today is, as the cliche goes, the beginning of the rest of my life. Yes folks, I am a graduate (barring some unforeseen technicality, that is). Today, the stressing for finals is finally over. And, to be honest, I feel exceedingly giddy.

Don't let this taciturn expression on my face belie the fact that I am glad that this marathon is over. I found myself doing a little dance in the privacy of my own room for no other reason then because I felt like it. I don't feel any shame in sharing that fact.

Whether or not I decide to walk down that aisle and receive the handshake from the president of the university, I am a graduate. Should I chose to listen to the relatively humorless and stately speeches given during the ceremony, it won't matter one whit on the fact that I can finally move on with my life. And I'm proud of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home