The parole of a shy person: Lazy and fat

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Lazy and fat

I woke up before dawn this morning and again couldn't return to sleep. Since I was wide awake and slumber would likely elude me again with the concerns that have kept me awake, I decided to take a walk. Yes, a nice brisk walk. In the sub-freezing cold.

I walked a mere half hour and managed two miles before my tired legs declared that this was as far as they were willing to go. Tired after only thirty minutes! As a kid, I used to walk for three or four hours with my grandparents as they went shopping in Chinatown. In high school, I played soccer where I ran non-stop for three or four hours. And then I would go bike riding on local trails for another two or three hours!

With this realization that I've become lazy and fat in comparison to my past, I must resolve to become more active. I think a nice brisk walk every day along with some old exercises from the time when I was active and fit (Oh no! Not suicide drills!) will address this. Now, we shall see if I have the discipline to actually follow through with it.

Perhaps this will get me out of my most recent funk. Who knows? At the very least, I hope to be too tired to stay awake worrying. That would be something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home