The parole of a shy person: Hold on a sec!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Hold on a sec!

Somehow, I should have anticipated this. On the day I decide to sign the paperwork to be employed as a photographer, I get two job offers for engineering positions. I'm not sure if what I am feeling is joy or frustration. I shouldn't complain about my good fortune, right?

I finally get to a point where I am taking a step forward towards the career in photography that I have been getting serious about. Just as I take that step, I get yanked back by these two offers. Now, I feel like I am half a step onto a busy street and I see cars careening from either direction at the spot I am about to cross. Which means that I have to choose what it is exactly that I want to do. Again. I just don't understand why these guys waited so long.

What makes me consider these offers after practically walking away from the engineering field altogether? A consistency that a career in photography can never offer. A better pay scale that would allow me to afford a better life instead of living from contract to contract. In the specific field I have an interest in, no less.

Argh! The only question I have right now is, "Now what do I do?" I can't decide. If the engineering job was in some field I didn't want, this decision would be so easy. Maybe I should just flip a coin or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home