The parole of a shy person: WTH?!?!?

Monday, October 20, 2008

WTH?!?!?

I figure that I will share this since I thought it was absolutely hilarious. Only in that way that sibling rivalry is funny. Actually, it wasn't rivalry so much as an attempt to embarrass me and my ability to cause said sibling concern and consternation.

Anyway, I recently celebrated a birthday, and I have to admit that I'm no longer a 20 something anymore. So, my pain in the a--, I mean my loving sister brought me a present while we were having dinner with the rest of my family. She encouraged me to open my present then and there. Out came a Sponge Bob beanie baby doll.

Being single and not having any children (nor any short term future plans for them since I am single), she earned the drop dead glare that siblings so eloquently develop to express themselves without getting into trouble with the parents. For a few days the darned thing sat in the trunk of my car. Until yesterday that is.

I was asked to photograph a group of pre-K and kindergarden students at a football game I was at. I needed all of them to smile while taking the picture. I knew that having some strange man asking you to smile isn't most conducive to getting such a smile. I was wracking my brain for a while until I saw that beanie doll in my trunk as I grabbed my camera. I put a rubber band around it and attached it to my flash.

It was an instant hit. I had all of the kids smiling and laughing at it as I took their picture. I was so glad I had the darned thing. In a moment of inspiration, I texted my sister with the message, "I want a Dora the explorer doll now." and left it at that. Later that day as the football game ended, I checked my phone and got the following messages: "What the hell?" and "Very confused. Why do you want a Dora doll?"

I almost fell down from laughing so hard. The fans in the stands all started to point at me and I didn't even care. It took me a solid five minutes to get a hold of myself to text her back with an explanation of why I needed such a doll. She responded with: "Oh, I was getting a little concerned there."

As I drove home, I couldn't stop chuckling every few minutes over her reaction. I could even picture in my mind the confused frown she had on her face. Even as I type this, I can't stop grinning nor the occasional snicker. Anyway, I hope that makes you laugh as much as it made me laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home