The parole of a shy person: Business as usual

Monday, December 15, 2008

Business as usual

Ahhhh. You know, I have gotten accustomed to so much adversity this year that going back on unemployment again felt normal. That's right, it felt normal. As in something I usually do. A few years back, it would have been something that made me worry. Instead, it felt like I was getting back to what I felt was comfortable.

Yep, I am officially part of history now, I am another statistic on the ongoing story about our receding economy. I'm not exactly someone who wants to be part of history in this way, but *shrug* you can't control what you never had control of. Oddly enough, I do have a backup plan as I sort of saw this coming when the stock market took its precipitous spiral to mid-1990s levels.

As I mentioned, I have a degree now, so I figure I should probably make use of it somehow. I plan to take a couple of exams (after studying for them, of course!) and hopefully that will get me a job. Until the first unemployment check shows up though, I plan to act a bit scrooge-like. So, bah humbug to everyone expecting gifts from me this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home