The parole of a shy person: Uneventful weekend.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Uneventful weekend.

I've been really busy this weekend doing the exciting task of classwork catch-up. It's amazing how fast you can fall behind on 100+ labs. Add to that, the fact that we actually have had some warmish weather, I spent a good portion of the daylight hours doing car maintenance. With that information, everybody can see that I had one of the more exciting weekends ever.

Probably the most exciting thing about this weekend is that even though my stomach, acting much like
Audrey II*Audrey II, has been demanding food. Then, when I stop doing what I am doing, get up, and finish preparing the food, I stop being hungry. This has been happening all weekend. I've been drinking lots of milk and orange juice to make sure I get something inside of me, but I haven't eaten anything solid in almost forty hours. It's also been interesting because I have been drinking lots of coffee too.

If you have ever had the opportunity to drink lots of coffee on an empty stomach, you will know how distracting that experience is. For those who don't know, I will attempt to describe the sensation:

Imagine feeling very nauseous, your head keeps expanding and shrinking in the most unexpected of ways, your heart is racing, your palms are dry, yet they are moist at the same time, you feel hot one moment, then cold another, your stomach keeps roiling and making I am empty noises, and parts of your body have these uncontrollable tremors.

Much the same happens when you quit caffiene cold turkey. Very interesting compound, caffiene is. And without it, I would be incapable of functioning at the rate I am currently going without burning out entirely.

I've also been working on this software problem on my own time that allows me to go to any computer with a CD and by placing it in the computer, boot up a snapshot of my computer, thus allowing me to work as if I were in front of my own computer all the time. What a frustrating and time consuming thing it is to make this idea work.

In comparison, getting food inside of me is probably going to be easier. Lol. I should be checking other blogger's sites, and posting comments on their new posts, but I am all wiped out. Perhaps tomorrow, folks.



* Image courtesy of www.filmsculptor.com

1 Comments:

At March 06, 2006 10:19 PM, Blogger JM said...

Your description just made me a little dizzy.
I've never really been a coffee addict. But I was rather dependent on Red Bull and Mountain Dew to keep me awake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home