The parole of a shy person: The baying of the hounds continues...

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The baying of the hounds continues...

I am beginning to wonder if I may be giving out some strange vibes that I've not been putting out in the past couple of years. If you read my last post where I mentioned that I was getting an unusual amount of attention lately from the opposite sex. I can't tell you how pleased I am to be receiving this attention. However, it's beginning to appear that it was not an isolated occurance. Here are a few more items that happened to me today.

I went to the bank to see if the funds I had pulled out from my retirement nest egg had cleared into my account (yes, I decided to pay off the credit card bills before things got really out of hand since they bumped me up to 35% for missing payments. Ouch!), I was waiting for my turn with the bank teller, and I was pulled aside by a woman who then told me that she thought I was really cute. I thought she might be a little crazy, but I thanked her for the compliment. I could tell she wanted me to do something, but I had no idea what. I'm not that guy they have on the covers of all those romance novels who would tilt her back and kiss her thoroughly in thanks. (In hindsight, I wonder what would have happened if I had...)

When I was called up by the teller, I was greeted by this attractive woman who then kept her hand in contact with mine the entire time I was at the booth with her. (Did you know that Washington Mutual has free standing booths instead of counters now?) I'll be honest and say that I really wanted to pull my hand away and hide it behind my back no matter how attractive she was. I was getting spooked, I suppose.

Then I went to class and the young lady I mentioned a few weeks ago decided to have an impromptu conversation with me in the hallway that led to an invitation for a meal after class. Of course, I agreed to it, wondering if I could afford to pay for it. After the meal was over, she would not let me pay for a thing, even the tip. She told me that she enjoyed the meal and the conversation. Then, we went our seperate ways. I felt weird not paying for the meal. (And I enjoyed the meal with her too) I have to say I am certainly intrigued by her.

I don't know, I feel like I should jump for joy or something silly like that. I am not that good looking. Maybe I am just being oversensitive. Oh well. I might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

2 Comments:

At February 23, 2006 12:50 PM, Blogger JM said...

Sounds like you've grown into your own. And it certainly seems like it's going to last.
Keep us updated on your interactions with this girl.

 
At February 28, 2006 9:40 AM, Blogger ASM said...

Sound to me like it is high time you asked her out. What's to loose? Could be the beginning of something great. Don't agonize over it, don't overthink it. Next time you see her, just ask her on a date!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home