The parole of a shy person: Where did the time go?

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Where did the time go?

It's a bit ironic and amusing to me. A month ago, I had told myself that since I was done with classes for the summer, I would spend all my free time at the beach and/or posting articles. I managed to go to the beach a mere three days this month. As for articles, I managed (counting this one) a mere six posts this month. Way off my usual twelve to fifteen. It isn't for the lack of ideas that I'm not posting, rather the lack of time sitting in front of a computer connected to the internet.

Of course, there is also the second job I've taken on to help make ends meet and build up my experience in the engineering field. In fact, since the seventeenth, I have worked consecutively for fourteen straight days. With no end in sight. With this second job, I am currently in the manufacturing portion of the company learning every process that leads up to the position I will soon be trained on and working at for the next year or two.

(The funny thing about that comment is that I said the same thing about my last real job, where I ended up toiling away for four and a half long years. I hope that this company treats me with more respect than the last one did.)

Unfortunately, because I am in this section, I still haven't been assigned a computer yet. In fact, I think I've lost a bunch of weight in that hot sweaty section. We have to wear smocks and aprons over our regular clothes, and because of the many corrosive chemicals, the room isn't air conditioned. I'm a mere fifteen pounds away from my target weight.

But, I digress. So, as I was saying, I haven't posted much and I blame it partly on this new job, but also on the fact that I've been house sitting, doing the chores at two homes which includes watering the unsprinklered lawn, and walking the dog. Not to mention a wedding I am attending (as a guest) this weekend. (Can we say ouch on the price tag of a tuxedo? I spent $500 on one. At least I own it now.) I've turned around and realized that this entire month has disappeared in a flash.

Supposedly time flies when you're having fun. At this moment, I can say time flew, but did I have fun? I'm not so sure. I have certainly learned a bunch of new things, so in my own geeky way, I suppose I was having fun. How about that?

1 Comments:

At August 31, 2006 12:47 AM, Blogger alannajoy said...

Don't be afraid to Geek out dude... Just enjoy! And as for the summer flying by- DITTO. Altho I will admitt to getting my fill of beach, sun and sand... Better make use of the last weekend of summer quickly approaching! Hit the beach or else buddy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home