The parole of a shy person: A whole lot of nothing

Saturday, July 22, 2006

A whole lot of nothing

It's been a busy week for me. I haven't had the time to put my computer back together yet because of a couple of projects due this week and being called into work two consecutive days for "emergency" gigs. I'm starting to look like a panda bear with the bags under my eyes.

The projects weren't hard, just tediously time consuming. Nothing like having a professor hand us a manual, telling us to read it and make this chip do something with two days to do it in. Twice. Boy did we scramble. I even managed to make them work like they're supposed to, barely.

Actually, I would have made them work properly without stressing out so much if I hadn't agreed to doing those emergency engagements. What can I say? When you need money to pay the bills, you really can't say no. Especially when one of those expenses happens to be a Lexus.

The ironic part about these two engagements centers around the usual snafus that happen in any business. People screw up. One gig, the paperwork was "incorrectly" filed (read as wasn't done at all) and my company didn't assign anyone to the engagement. The other happened because the guy assigned to the party didn't show up. (He claimed he was sick. I would be too if I had stayed out 'til 4 in the morning drinking up a storm.)

I worked both of these jobs and received a bonus from my boss to thank me for coming through. Would that my old job had done this, I might have been happier there. Since it's all in the past, no point in crying over spilt milk. I have to admit that it's been a lot more fun working parties than it ever was running from customer to customer fixing their neglected machines.

Otherwise, nothing new has happened on this front. I have some thoughts that I'll be posting soon. Until then, keep writing!

1 Comments:

At July 24, 2006 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the bags get awful, hemmerhoid cream fixes them. Put a very thin layer under your eyes and it tightens the skin nicely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home