The parole of a shy person: Opportunity knocks!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Opportunity knocks!

It's amazing how the unexpected opportunity can brighten up your day when it falls into your lap. When things had been going smoothly, but with its small share of disappointments, to have some opportunity insert itself into your life and change things up as only good news can, you can't help but being happy.

Today, I accepted a position at an engineering firm that does microwave (high frequency, that is) circuit development. It was one of those positions I applied for way back when as things started going wrong for me. At the time, they told me that the position required dedicated training during the day when I attended classes. Now, because I am on summer vacation they can get me started on the training without interruptions.

I start on Monday. With this job, I am actually part of the industry that I'll be working in once I graduate. Best of all, it's a part time position that is flexible and allows me to continue going to classes during the day.

2 Comments:

At August 16, 2006 10:52 PM, Blogger JM said...

Congrats!!

 
At August 17, 2006 5:15 PM, Blogger Marissa said...

congratulations, grant! this is so exciting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home