The parole of a shy person: Dancing or having sex on the dance floor?

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Dancing or having sex on the dance floor?

I'm finally done with finals (wild exultant cheer). I will now have to find a second job to fill the time (and pay the bills). I have also just returned from doing a gig in New Jersey, around the Newark area. This time, the gig was a prom. It was held by a private school for troubled teens. I didn't find this out until after the prom had ended and I had a short chat with one of the chaperones.

This time, I "learned" how to hang lights. I put the word learned in quotes, because I already knew how, and was only waiting for them to think I was ready to learn it. I was also given a camera with the assignment to rove through the party taking action shots. I am guessing that I will be in a large portion of their prom photos, since I somehow managed to be in the background as they took their pictures.

Tonight, the music we played ranged the gamut of hip hop, reggaeton, R&B, dance, salsa, and even a little bit of calypso music. These kids basically danced the night away. Boy did they dance. I should replace the word dance with "having sex on the dance floor with clothes on" instead. I say this because many of their dance moves involved simulating sex on the dance floor.

Throughout the night, I had to take my shots carefully, making sure that I didn't show how connected they were. Lots of above the waist shots. Even then, in the background of many of the shots that I took, you can see couples grinding away to the music. For a while I had to stop taking pictures because they were getting too raunchy.

By raunchy, I mean that one girl had her hands on the floor, and the guy slamming away at her behind during one song. At other times, some girls would jump around the dance floor while having their hands gripping the guys pants so that they couldn't do anything but follow the girls. When Lil' Jon and the Eastside Boyz came on with Get Low, these girls would do just that. And when their gowns restricted them from doing that, they hiked up the skirts.

I was in awe at how raw and primal their dancing was. I can't remember seeing this at any other proms I had attended. Some of the things they were doing couldn't be mistaken for anything except as participating in coitus. Interestingly enough, many of the girls moved from guy to guy while doing this for the duration of the night.

The most amusing part of the night would have to be that the teachers were dancing along beside the kids and I couldn't tell which ones were teachers until they sat down for dinner. Granted, the teachers were far more restrained in their dancing style. In comparison, they looked like statues beside the kids. And no hip grinding for them.

Finally, they crowned the king and queen of the prom. I was actually pleased that I caught the perfect reaction shot from the queen that even their professional photographer was too slow to catch. Then, after the king and queen danced, we went right back into the more interpretative style of dancing.

What a wild night. I need to turn in, as I have another gig tomorrow, and it's in upstate New York. I hope to bring back some more interesting tales upon my return.

2 Comments:

At May 20, 2006 12:32 PM, Blogger JM said...

I've heard about this new dirty dancing. Someone I know has a teenage son and he told me that one new form of bump and grind was to have the guy back up onto a wall and the girl would gyrate on him until he ejaculated. Very strange way to connect.

 
At May 21, 2006 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And a bit messy too, Angel, Jr!

Sounds like an interesting night - and you got to document it it. How cool is that!

Good luck finding a 2nd job. Hopefully it'll come easier than finding the first one!

Bx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home