The parole of a shy person: Are we all emotional yo-yos?

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Are we all emotional yo-yos?

There are days where I feel that I am stuck in Limbo. I have been bouncing back and forth between excessive happiness and bouts of depression. I'll have episodes like last Friday's post followed by Sunday's post. Then I would swing back to another exuberant outburst of happiness. I'd really like to get off this emotional rollercoaster.

Actually to be honest, I'd just like to put an end to my search for a significant other. To know that I don't have the distraction of seeing if so-and-so noticed me or if I should speak to so-and-so about this subject. The irony in this attitude is that I know that having a significant other doesn't mean that the rollercoaster ride will end. Rather, it'll just diverge to another section of track, and this track would be of my own choosing.

So today, I would say that I'm somewhere in the middle, and I hope that the ride will stay smooth for a while. I'm almost thankful now that there are not any attractive females in my engineering classes. I would be content to be content. No need for extreme spikes in my emotional outlook. Some might point out that this is boring. I agree, it is boring. But you don't get stress from being boring. Perhaps a lobotomy might fix all of this. Something to ponder.

3 Comments:

At October 02, 2005 4:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I know you read my comment to the high class jackass so you know where I stand on being in the middle. That being said, I still want my ride to move into the relationship phase (again) and off the rollercoaster ups and downs of looking. I would say that even that can be the middle - with highs and lows experienced within the relationship, but just the feeling of content for the majority...that is the middle I am looking for.

 
At October 03, 2005 9:23 PM, Blogger alannajoy said...

I think its fair to blame all of our current emotional rollercoasters on the recent changing of seasons. Fall is often a time for me when I am most restless, yet also most at ease. There are tons of us out there searching for the right relationship, what seperates the strong from the weak is being able to endour the ups and downs and continue on our path without settling...its when we least expect it that happiness comes our way.
Nice blog.
alannajoy

 
At October 03, 2005 9:42 PM, Blogger Grant said...

Nik:

I wish you the best of luck in finding that special middle ground. My own experiences have shown that it is very much a slippery slope.

Alannajoy:

Welcome to my blog and thanks for your compliments. You put it very succinctly that love is indeed darwinian in nature. I agree with you that when you stop looking, Love comes and slaps you upside the head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home