The parole of a shy person: Interesting.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Interesting.

From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Interesting \In"ter*est*ing\, a.
Engaging the attention; exciting, or adapted to
excite, interest, curiosity, or emotion; as, an
interesting story; interesting news. --Cowper.
[1913 Webster]


That is the euro-centric definition of the word "interesting" as according to Webster's Dictionary circa 1913. In geek/programmer/hacker parlance, "interesting" means something difficult and challenging to do. However, my favorite definition of "interesting" is from the asian culture.

Interesting, adj., - As in "May your life be interesting." Drawn from the ill wished meaning that you will never know a moment's rest from the constant drama in your life. As in you will become a neurotic, emotional, broken down person who is accused of suffering from A.D.H.D. and possibly from nervous tics as well. --credited to me

I don't know exactly where I am going with this as I change the genre of music I am listening to from the less than stimulating music being played on local radio stations to something less mainstream. Yup, I am listening to swing aka big band music. Good bye Kanye, Jay-Z and Mariah, I'm now listening to Louie Prima.

Not that I can dance if my life depended on it, but it's great background music as I attempt to focus on wading through the mountain of work. Perhaps it's because I want to make my life a bit more interesting in the european sense of the word. Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home