The parole of a shy person: Trying to become great.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Trying to become great.

I suspect that I am probably going to stop mentioning what I am doing on the weekends. After reviewing my most recent posts, I am seeing how little else I'm writing about. Especially since the subject matter of what I am writing is about other people's affairs and not about my own thoughts. Which has certainly given me a lot of fodder to write about.

However, I recall this quote by Tobias Gibson which is the driving factor in my decision:

Great people talk about Ideas.

Average people talk about Things.

Small people talk about other people.


It's probably a bit harsh for me to say or think, as we all talk about other people at some time or another. Yet, I think I would rather write about ideas and my own thoughts. In a way, I think that my thoughts and what I see every weekend are deeply intertwined. I guess I'll have to think on it some more.

The difficulty is that everything I do on weekends now has to do with attending other people's affairs. Whether it's a posh soiree in the Hamptons or a interminable double mitzvah, most of my time is spent recovering from the heavy duty workouts I do during load in and set up. Either that or catching up on the missed sleep because of a late night getting back from a gig followed by an early morning at the warehouse to do the next gig. There are gigs where I am busy from the moment we arrive to the time we pack up and leave.

Too little time thinking and too much time doing things. Perhaps, instead of writing about what other people are doing, I will write about the things I learned. If nothing else, that will force me to think and gather my thoughts into some coherency. We shall see after tonight whether I can pull something together or if exhaustion catches up to me.

1 Comments:

At June 09, 2006 6:21 PM, Blogger JM said...

Yay, I can post comments again. Blogger wasn't working for awhile.
Have a good weekend. I'm sure you'll be busy. But have a good one anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home