The parole of a shy person: The leaves, the leaves!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The leaves, the leaves!

If there's anything I like about fall, it's the leaves on trees turning colors. Conversely, if there's anything I dislike about fall, is raking those same leaves off the ground and bagging them. If only they could bio-engineer trees to keep the leaves and reuse them next spring. Ah well, wishful thinking on my part.

Back to the turning of the leaves. I happened to be heading out east on Long Island this weekend, via the Northern (State) Parkway. (The reason it's called a parkway is because it is supposed to seem like you're speeding down a road surrounded by park land. Slow down and see the colorful leaves, just not in the left lane, thank you!) As I was driving, I couldn't help but observe how beautiful the green trees were, intermingled with oranges, yellows, browns, reds, magentas, and purples. It seemed like I was driving through a corridor of color. I so badly wanted to share this experience with someone.

I tell you, if I ever find the right woman again (If you love her, let her go. If she comes back, she's the one.), I intend to drive the legal speed limit during this time of the year to enjoy seeing the range of colors, perhaps, listening to Vivaldi's Four Seasons. Then take a slow walk in Caleb Smith state park just east of the end of this parkway as we sip on a nice hot fall tea. Then spend the evening before a toasty fireplace. Well, I can dream, can't I?

5 Comments:

At October 26, 2005 4:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Can't you do those things without the right woman? Or any woman for that matter? I am learning to do it and by God, if I have to do it, I shouldn't suffer alone! (It could be fun...)

 
At October 26, 2005 11:21 PM, Blogger Grant said...

Misery loves company? Lol.

I think in a relationship, it is the shared moments that make a strong relationship. It's pointless to take someone out on such a "romantic" outing if you're just friends. Especially if one person isn't interested in the other. It leads to something that alters a friendship into a sad, awkward thing that can never return to the way it was before.

Besides, I am taking classes in a room full of guys. I certainly won't ask them to join me.

 
At October 27, 2005 9:38 AM, Blogger alannajoy said...

Awwwe...Mr. Grant is quite the romantic now isnt he?! That sounds heavenly! Perfect fall day with someone special! I like how you reffered to the NSP as a "corridor of colors", nice. I also agree about "if u love her set her free. if she comes back, she's the one." Something similar happened to me within the past year...And I know that if I go back...that is it. That is where I will stay...
Nice post!
alannajoy

 
At October 27, 2005 7:30 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

That sounds so nice Grant. It reminds me of that scene in 'Pleasantville' when Bud goes for a drive with Margaret. Hope you find the girl. :)

 
At October 29, 2005 9:52 PM, Blogger Grant said...

If I haven't said it before, thanks for reading my blog.

Every time I drive down this parkway, I am reminded of the colors. Hopefully, that special someone shows up in my life soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home