The parole of a shy person: You know it's not your day when...

Thursday, October 20, 2005

You know it's not your day when...

You know it's not going to be your day when __________.

In my case, I realized that I should have rolled over and pulled the covers back over my head when I realized that the phone line wasn't working. Then, I banged my knee into the door frame and left a six inch red line of blood under my skin. It's still throbbing right now. I started up my car and I heard a high pitched whine of metal grinding against metal. Then I was pulled over on the way to class because it appeared to the officer that I didn't stop at a stop sign. (I did come to a full stop five feet from the white line, it must have been when he was reaching down for his coffee.)

Fortunately, the rest of the day up until now has been passably okay. As for the phone line, it helps to know a little something about how they work. I discovered that the problem is outside of my domicile. Time to microwave the heat wrap to place on the knee and see if I can still manage to walk in the morning. Then to figure out where else I can cut back to pay for more car repairs.

3 Comments:

At October 20, 2005 11:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry your day sucked! You know what works? Posting a photo of your dog sleeping on your blog for like two weeks...oh no, maybe that's just me.

May Friday rock for you!

 
At October 21, 2005 4:46 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

That sucks.

I had an alright day but one of my friends forgot she had an exam yesterday.

 
At October 22, 2005 9:07 PM, Blogger Grant said...

Thanks for your sympathy.

I talked to my shark... er, I mean my lawyer, and it is possible for me to beat that ticket, so things are looking up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home