The parole of a shy person: Hey, look what I found!

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Hey, look what I found!

I was digging through my pile of books, looking for reference notes on how to set up my laptop to be able to compile computer programs for one of my classes. I happened upon a stack of papers and books I had gathered during happier days when I was still very serious about someone. I had fallen in love with her while off at college. Sadly, as things often go in the state of relationships, I was more into her than she was into me. While she cared for me in her own way, she wasn't as ready to become serious with me. We left off very cordially, and no matter how much time has gone by, a set of luminous blue eyes surrounded by unruly curly brown hair can immediately be recalled when I let myself walk down memory lane.

Amongst these books and papers, was a small set of poem books by Steven Javan Jones, whose psuedonym is Javan. I did a quick search and found one of my favorite poems by him after breaking up with this young woman was among the ones that he offers as a sample poem. I intend to share this poem with my exceedingly large reading audience. Perhaps it will brighten up your day as it did mine whenever I felt down.


Someday, I will smile - Javan

Someday, I will smile
And find the warmth of that smile
Reflected back at me.
Someday, I will reach out to someone
And find that I only have to reach halfway
For she will be reaching out for me.
Someday, I will find
The true meaning of the word Love
That many use so carelessly.

Some day I will find
Someone with whom I can share
But for now, I must try to know myself
And the world around me
So when the time comes for me to give,
I will know the meaning of my gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home