The parole of a shy person: No playlist for my mood

Friday, June 25, 2010

No playlist for my mood

Feeling a bit low right now. Listening to music and the happy and upbeat songs are grating on my nerves. I've been skipping past them when I hear the first few bars on my stereo.

I had tried to, I don't know, apply for this opportunity to assist on several weddings across the country, all expenses paid, spanning several weeks starting the beginning of next month. Granted I would have made no money from it, but the experience, it would have been a welcome change in my life. Plus, at the end of it, I'd get a few days on the west coast to relax.

I was passed over for someone with less experience, with the explanation that they didn't want to teach an old dog new tricks. Really? I didn't want to sound like a sore loser, but I was stung by the rejection. What are they afraid of? That I can't adapt? How little they know of me. Ironically, I would sound like I am boasting to state my case now that someone else has been selected.

So, now I'm sitting here trying to cheer myself up by listening to music, and it simply isn't working. I know that tomorrow is another day and after sleeping on it, I'll be removed enough from the emotions I feel right now to look at it with some distance and perspective. That's tomorrow. Right now, that offers me no consolation. And I can't find any songs on my playlist that matches the mood I'm in. I've got to have some death metal in here somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home