The parole of a shy person: Will that ache go away?

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Will that ache go away?

It's Fathers day. Sorry, the morning of Father's Day. I am trying to relax my aching jaw from clenching them so tightly from anger. Anger at my own family. My mother has said so many insensitive things to me in the span of ten minutes that have made me so angry that I am contemplating walking out.

When I say that I am contemplating walking out, I don't mean stepping out the door, getting in my car and driving off as I did when I was a teenager. I don't mean slinking back into my house after the heat of my anger has worn off. I mean walking away from my family and never contacting them again.

I am trying not to make a decision in the heat of my anger, but the scab on my heart is thickening, and soon, I know I won't be unhappy with leaving and losing them forever. I know on that day, I won't have unshed tears in my eyes. I am certain, as the day when I was laid off from that most unhappy job I had five years ago, my steps will be joyfully light.

The ache in my jaw will go away. The one in my heart won't. That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home